Thursday 9 October 2008

Happenings thru' the week

~ I am so glad I didn't go to watch Drona! When you are invited to a private screening of the film in a 100 seater auditorium at Nehru Planetarium, who in their right mind would turn it down? And specially when you add free dinner and desserts after the movie. But something told me (read: the promos) that the film would be an absolute disaster. And so I made my usual excuse of being too sleepy to attend the night show and opted out. What a decision it turned out to be! The movie is an absolute disaster. I heard that some of Mithunda's movies make more sense than Drona. I'm so glad I didn't go! My list of horrible movies watched in a theatre already includes Lost in Africa, I see you, Road, Uff yeh Mohabbat, 1920 etc. The last thing I want is to add to that list.

~ Was watching 'Sportscenter' on ESPN the other night. Happened to catch the interview of Amit Mishra (ya I know you are going Amit Mishra who? So was I. Apparently he is a leg spinner and is included in the squad to face the Aussies) So the interviewer goes on to ask him if he was expecting to be picked. To which Mishra replied "Definitely". The smirk on the interviewer's face was worth watching. I mean Osama bin Laden receiving the Nobel Peace Prize was more probable than Amit Mishra being picked! Talk about super optimism!

~ Writing 12 assignments/experiments in a day can take a toll on your body. Your forearms start aching, the fingers pain like hell, you get cramps in your back and even mundane chores like bathing become an effort.

~ Yesterday I went out with my mother to buy the weekly groceries. I couldn't believe my ears when the vegetable vendor told me that peas and beans cost Rs. 80 a kilo! There was no way I was allowing my mom to buy those vegetables when chicken is available for 60 bucks a kilo. I mean who in their right mind would prefer peas over chicken!

Currently Reading:

1. Interpreter of Maladies - Jhumpa Lahiri
2. Digital Signal Processing - Katre :P

Currently Listening:

Not listening to anything! Have got a blocked ear and headphones make it worse :(

Quote of the Day:

If it's sent by ship then it's a cargo, if it's sent by road then it's a shipment. - Dave Allen

No comments: