1. Celebrations: Whether it is a birthday or a festival or New Years' for that matter, I find celebrations over-the-top and to an extent, even unwarranted. I've never felt the need to party just because it happened to be the first day of the year or the 25th of December.
2. GPAs: Grade Point Averages are as hyped as anything I've ever seen. People make a really big deal about it. Apart from probably a few companies, I don't think the rest even bother with GPAs. And if anything, it only helps you get your first job. Nothing beyond that.
3. Bean bags: If you drive around Mumbai for half an hour, you will see bean bag graffiti all over construction sites and bridges. You just can't miss it. When I finally got a chance to sit on one, it hardly lived up to the hype.
4. Music: HYPED. Period.
5. Goa: I've been to Goa once and I really liked the place. I do plan on going there once more may be. But that's it. I've known people who've been to Goa like 10 times. If beaches are what you want, then some places in Karnataka have the most pristine beaches I've seen. And apart from alcohol, everything in Goa is simply too expensive.
6. Friendship: I think in life at any given point, we can have no more than 7 good friends. The rest are just glorified acquaintances.
7. US of A: Been there twice and there is nothing so great about it. Singapore is cleaner, Europe has more history, China can wow you instantly, Cuba has the girls and Africa the home-like feeling. America is hyped. Just like everything else on this list.
7 months ago