Saturday 11 July 2009

Kim Kardashian and Simona Halep

Mumbai currently is reeling under 30% water cuts. The only reason I know about it is because the read the papers. I have been getting 24 hours water supply ever since I can remember. So much for equality! The prime reason for our scarcity of water has to be the location of these stupid lakes. Had one been in the lane adjacent to my house and another on the railway tracks between Byculla and Sandhurst road, Mumbai would have enough water and some more, .

So 'New York' is the latest box office super duper hit. Doesn't surprise me at all. The guys would go to watch Katrina, the girls John Abraham and the couples anyway would take the corner seats. I don't blame them. Katrina looks stunning in the film. I don't remember the last time I watched an entire song on television, but I have already watched some song (I really couldn't figure out which one it is from the lyrics) featuring Katrina thrice. Twice on mute.

I have been watching this reality dancing show called 'Superstars of Dance'. The show features dancers from eight different countries spanning six continents. Countries compete against each other in the solo, duet and group dance rounds. This show really brings out the fact that India is a country of individuals. Whilst having won the silver in the solo category, India did not even qualify in the group dance category. And interestingly, it is the exact opposite when it comes to China.

HBO, with its subtitles, is a real saviour for people like me. I enjoy watching English movies, but not with the concentration like that of one attempting the 'listening' section in a TOEFL test. So now I can watch movies without straining my ears and shutting all the windows. The only issue with watching these movies on HBO are that they are 'suitably modified for family viewing'! Baaaaaah.

End of blog post. In case you are wondering what the title is all about, I just couldn't think of one for a post as random as this. So I put up two names which I feel will be the most googled or binged :P Helps in increasing your blog hits you see ;)

5 comments:

priyank said...

fuck yu dude.....wasted my entire reading time.. with kim in the title i hoped the article wud be "busty"!!!fuck yu again!!!

Shawn Francis said...

that was the entire point dude...

Anonymous said...

waah, kya marketing strategy hai!! :-P

~fort

Anonymous said...

new york so wasn't worth the corner seats...too much talking n absolutely no content

india cud've done so much better in the group category...i didn't even know half the participating countries had 'dances' of their own...n we've got like 167 different ways to do bhangra alone...

Shawn Francis said...

Exactly! Our group dance was a total let down. 167 ways to do bhangra! That a tit bit of trivia even I didn't know.

And you watched New York?! I was satisfied with just the song ;)