Saturday 15 November 2008

Drat that CAT

I am so thrilled that CAT is finally here and is getting over tomorrow. Not that I have been preparing for this exam a great deal or anything and want to get it off my back. But the hype surrounding CAT is absolutely ridiculous and over the top. Since the last two months, whenever I visit rediff it offers me 'tips' and 'tricks' to crack CAT. Initially it was a two month strategy, then a month long one and today the link today said 'Haven't yet prepared for CAT. Don't worry. Here is our 24 hour plan' !!!!!! And the newspapers aren't far behind. One paper goes so far as saying that if the present rate of growth in CAT aspirants sustains, then by 2087 the entire India will be giving CAT and by 2110 something, the entire world! But I am happy. By Monday CAT will be history and the print and electronic media will return to more serious issues like the cold war between Hansika Motwani and Celina Jaitley.

P.S. : Just happened to watch a song of the much publicized Ghajni. It is so refreshing to see a song with a semi clad actor and a fully dressed actress (oops, female actor). Role reversal, I must say!

No comments: