Since it has become fashionable for most B schools to have the Capstone simulation, here are some tips and tricks that might help you to crack the game.
1. Introduce all your new products in year 1 itself.
2. Compete in 3-4 segments only. Don't compete in all 5!
3. Exit the performance segment. The margins are low.
4. Have 3 products in the low segment and time their introduction in such a way that you have a new version in the market, every 4 months.
5. Automate as soon as possible. The ideal automation levels are (10-low, 8-traditional, 7-rest)
6. Use conservative forecasts in the marketing tab and optimistic ones in the production tab. This will help you to not be at the mercy of Big Al.
7. $1400 is all you need to maintain your promotion levels at 100%
8. Spend $5000 per employee on recruitment costs and 80 hours of training, right from the first week itself.
9. In TQM, spend $1500 on each activity for the first three weeks.
10. In labor negotiation, be at the upper end on all aspects. This way you will hurt your competitors the most.
Post Script - If you found these helpful (or otherwise), please click on the ads. It will go a long way in helping me recover my tuition fees! ;)
Post Post Script - My site content is found to be inappropriate by the Google Ads guys. Ya whatever!
1 year ago