Saturday 14 November 2009

Well Begun and Half Done

Three weeks into the training and I am having a really good time here. Multiple reasons. I have found a good set of friends. Have a like minded room mate. Discovered some delicious non vegetarian restaurants. What I am learning is coming easily to me. Found favour in the eyes of my evaluators. So this world is a rosy place if you are a certain Shawn Francis.

But life at the training program is lived from weekend to weekend. It is pretty obvious as on a weekday you spend the best part of your day staring at a computer screen (which is pretty much what I am doing right now). Evenings are fun. We play mafia, various card and video games until 11, when the security guard comes and chases us up to sleep.

Last weekend I went to see 'Ajab Prem ki Gazab Kahani'. Off hand I can't think of any movie I have seen which is as senseless as this one. Even Katrina Kaif couldn't hold my attention for more than 5 minutes. I don't know what it is with me and movies which I watch in theaters. But the combination just doesn't seem to work. I managed to catch a part of another movie. 'Gunda'. It is the best movie I have watched so far. It has everything. Comedy, action, romance, suspense. I request you dear blog readers to kindly watch that movie whenever possible. Such movies come only once is one's lifetime. So please don't miss this opportunity.

There aren't any cool places to hang out here. Last Sunday I along with some football fans went to see the Chelsea v/s Man United match. We went to this place called 'The Chocolate Room'. Over 2 cups of coffee, seven of us watched nearly the entire match. Now that was 80 bucks well spent!

This weekend was great fun. I went to Ahmedabad yesterday. If you thought the traffic in Mumbai is crazy, think again. Crossing a street here is harder than boarding a crowded Virar local. There are a scant few things to see in Ahmedabad. The only place worth seeing is Gandhi's aashram. And since the only things common between me and Gandhiji are a shaved head and spectacles, I decided to give that a skip. And so I went to a place called law garden. Two minutes into the park and I realized why it is popularly called love garden. And so I ditched any sight seeing plans that I had and headed straight to the malls. Things are cheap in Ahmedabad. Food, clothes, transportation. It is a very affordable city.

Today evening I plan to go and watch 2012. Well, that's about it I guess. December 11th is my release date. But our evaluation will be complete by 28th November. And then only formalities remain. I am glad I came here. Have learnt a lot of things which will be of great use to me in the times ahead.

No comments: